The continuum of portfolio management within BT Panorama, is where the asset management capability lies:
With the addition of adviser models to the suite of portfolio construction solutions, BT Panorama offers:
BT Panorama effectively becomes your portfolio management back office in a box. The investment manager is appointed at the front end of the managed account solution, irrespective of who it is, they access the same infrastructure to then execute. It could be a global asset manager or a single adviser running their own AFSL using the Tailored Portfolio tools.
BT Panorama creates efficiencies with managed accounts which are supported by digital implementation including market news sharing, click to chat, mobile payments and mobile trading.
Download our new discussion paper ‘Managed accounts: insights from financial advice principals’ where advice principals reveal their real-world experience with the managed account model and how to discuss the benefits for your clients and business.
If your clients have a certain risk profile, are needing a retirement income or are in a growth phase, adviser models can create operational efficiencies, reduce risk with rebalancing orders along with providing the needed transparency and visibility of your client’s investments.
Find out what's involved in implementing a portflio construction solution into your practice.
Take a closer look at adviser models, a simple, efficient portfolio construction solution that allows you to set up and manage model portfolios – all from your adviser account on BT Panorama.
Build model portfolios consisting of cash, listed securities (including ETFs) and managed funds.
Create a rebalance order and generate a Record of Advice – with records of the consent and ROA sent directly to Iress Xplan and automatically uploaded to client files (if you choose to).
View and manage model portfolios from your adviser account on BT Panorama.
Transparency and visibility of their investments via their BT Panorama desktop or mobile app.
Consent to rebalance requests can be actioned from their BT Panorama desktop or mobile app.
1. Create a model portfolio
2. Set up automated rebalance instructions
3. Link a client to the model portfolio
4. Seek client consent
5. The client consents and the portfolio is actioned automatically
The adoption of Managed Accounts continues to accelerate, Investment Trends reporting 44% of financial planners use these solutions1. Managed portfolios are an efficient way to provide financial advice across multiple client portfolios and gain access to specialist investment managers within a robust structure.
They also present an opportunity to change the focus on how you provide advice, engage and educate clients. To understand their true benefits for advisers and their clients it's important to understand the different structures that are available to you as an adviser.
Managed portfolios also called, SMA's, can work as an “off-the-shelf” or a licensee solution.
They are issued by a Responsible Entity (RE) through a Managed Investment Scheme (MIS) and could be a gamechanger for any adviser looking for efficiency, speed, transparency, and better reporting.
In addition, set your investment offer apart with CoreSeries – a range of portfolios for advisers and their clients.
BT Panorama gives Managed Discretionary Account (MDA) providers access to a full range of portfolio management tools called tailored portfolios, to create, monitor and manage their portfolios in a customisable solution.
Choose from a Licensee MDA or 3rd party MDA investment services, where the MDA provider makes the investment decisions and clients consenting to them with and initial SOA, with an annual review as a requirement.
Speak to a BDM to see what managed accounts on BT Panorama can do for your practice or open your account with the registration forms.
We examine whether managed accounts can help you meet your best interests duty and give you more reassurance that you’re meeting the standards of the FASEA Code of Ethics.
*Awards are opinions only and are not recommendations and are only one factor to be taken into account when deciding to acquire, dispose or hold interests in BT Panorama. Awards are current at the time of publication but are subject to change.
1. Investment Trends Managed Account Report 2021
2. Number of advisers who have Managed Accounts and use Record of Advice (RoA) functionality are for BT Panorama only and are reported as at the month of February 2022. Unique Visitors are as of February 2022 for FY22 and are advisers who have logged on to the BT Panorama App.
3. KPMG ‘Post-COVID-19: Insurance and wealth sector consumer trends’ report, 2020
* BT Managed Accounts and Model Portfolios are underpinned by the fastest growing retail platform in netflows – BT Panorama was the fastest growing retail platform in netflows for the 12 months to June 2019, with $8.2b generated, well ahead of any competitor. Source: Strategic Insight Platform Wrap Report – June quarter 2019. Figures quoted are on a retail platforms (including wraps, platforms and master trusts and excluding corporate super) basis. Refer here for more information.