All contributions and account amendments must be received by 4pm (Sydney time) on 29 June 2018 in order to be processed as part of the 2017/2018 financial year. The following contribution options are available:
- QuickSuper portal – contributions to members of your BT Super plan may be made via the portal by 4pm (Sydney time) on 29 June 2018. Please note: last-minute contributions to your employees who don’t have a BT Super plan should be made at least 10 business days prior to 29 June 2018, i.e. 15 June 2018.
- BPAY® – the contribution will generally be received by BT before 4pm (Sydney time) on the business day after you request your financial institution to make payment, provided the request is made before your financial institution's cut-off time (usually 6pm Sydney time). We recommend you allow at least two business days to ensure your contributions reach us in time.
Super Guarantee payments due 28 July
Your next super guarantee (SG) payments for the quarter 1 April – 30 June are due by 28 July 2018.
Contributions should be submitted to QuickSuper by 11 July to allow for payments to non-BT super funds (which can take up to 10 business days to process).
Keep in mind
- Payment timing. Some awards and contracts require super to be paid more regularly (for example, monthly) than the SG quarterly requirement.
- Personal contributions. Make sure you pay these contributions on time, according to the employee's terms of employment and any industrial award conditions.
- Public holidays. If the SG due date occurs on the weekend or a public holiday, payments can be made on the next working day.
If your payment is late
If you miss the due date you may have to pay the SG charge and lodge an SG charge statement with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
Information current as at May 2018. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and so you should consider its appropriateness, having regard to your personal objectives, financial situation and needs having regard to these factors before acting on it. This information provides an overview or summary only and it should not be considered a comprehensive statement on any matter or relied upon as such. Any superannuation law considerations or comments outlined above are general statements only, based on an interpretation of the current superannuation laws, and do not constitute legal advice. This publication has been prepared by BT Financial Group, a division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL & Australian Credit Licence 233714.